Watch out! Those drivers driving in high speed, the implementation of AES (Automated Enforcement System) cameras will be located anywhere hidden along the road you are driving now. Malaysia Road Transport Department (JPJ) released a full set of speed trap locations where the cameras will be placed, as well as at the traffic lights too. See the summary list of AES cameras installed, whether you can find any cams in your location at the JPJ website here.
The following is the full list of AES camera spots in Sarawak by JPJ in order to identify high speed traffic offenders and those going against the red light in Malaysia.
Among them, 3 AES speed trap cameras were found in Miri City.
So, drivers exceeding the set speed limit will get ‘SAMAN’ or ‘JPJ fine letter’ delivering to your home.
AES Camera Locations – Traffic Light (Sarawak)
1) BT.17, JALAN KUCHING-SERIAN
2) L/ISYARAT JALAN AIRPORT KUCHING
3) BATU 10 JALAN KUCHING-SERIAN
4) JALAN ROCK, KUCHING, SARAWAK
5) L/ISYARAT JALAN TUN SALLAHUDIN, KUCHING
6) L/ISYARAT BATU TIGA BAZAAR, KUCHING
7) JAMBATAN NO 2, JALAN BINTULU – TATAU
8) JALAN BATU KAWA, KUCHING, SARAWAK
9) L/ISYARAT JALAN MENDU, KUCHING, SARAWAK
10) L/ISYARAT TANJUNG KIDURONG BINTULU
AES Camera Locations – Speed Limit (Sarawak)
– BATU 9, JALAN KUCHING – SERIAN (Speed:90)
– JALAN BATU KAWA, KUCHING, SARAWAK (Speed:90)
– JALAN DATUK TAWI SLI, KUCHING, SARAWAK (Speed:90)
– BATU 8, JALAN KUCHING-SERIAN (Speed:80)
– BATU 16 JALAN KUCHING-SERIAN (Speed:90)
– JALAN BAU – LUNDU (Speed:90)
– JALAN LUTONG-PUJUT-MIRI (Speed:90)
– JALAN MIRI-PUJUT-LUTONG (Speed:90)
– JALAN KUALA BARAM-LUTONG, MIRI (Speed:90)
– JALAN SIBU-BINTULU (RUMAH ALONG) (Speed:90)
– KM 422 BETONG – SARIKEI – MERADONG (Speed:90)
– KM 20 JLN SRI AMAN-SARIKEI (Speed:60)
– KM 421 BETONG – SARIKEI – MERADONG (Speed:90)
– JALAN SALIM-STABAU, SIBU (Speed:90)
– JALAN SIBU-BINTULU (RUMAH AMBANG) (Speed:90)
– JALAN PEDADA, SIBU (Speed:60)
– JALAN PARADOM,SIBU (Speed:50)
– KM 63 JLN SRI AMAN-SARIKEI (Speed:90)
However, the main purpose of the system is to help the road users to aware about the safety on the road and to reduce accidents in more effective way especially along the accident prone areas.