Amazing time at the homestay. And the highlight during the stay was the food! Tekiwit waterfall was majestic. Worth the 6 hours long bumpy ride. 6 DAYS 5 NIGHTS EXPLORE ULU BARAM TRIP – KEDAYA TELANG USAN (KTU)
EX – Miri.
FULL PACKAGE PRICE for minimum 9 Adults:
RM 1,550.00 per person/ 6D5N
Ulu Baram Trip Sept 2018
Day 1 20 September 2018
-Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Miri & Taxi to MyHomestay-Own Cost
-Overnight at MyHomestay Miri-Include Package
Day 2 21 September 2018
Early morning pickup from hotel and proceed drive to Kedaya Telang Usan.Lunch at Kilo 10 Café or 2YC2 café at Long San before start your adventure journey by Four Wheel Drive (4WD) to Batu Tujuh Limestone. The drive take approximately 2 hours. Free to take picture and enjoy the scenic view of the green mountain and the limestone. Late evening, continue drive to Segah Selaan Homestay for dinner & overnight. / (Lunch/Dinner)
Day 3 22 September 2018
After breakfast, 0800hrs check out and take 4wd for Tekiwit Sela’an Explorations, you will be transfer to Data Bila – the Penan Village. The drive take approximately 45minute. Register upon arriving at the trekking point.
0930hrs, trekking will take approximately 1 or 1 ½ hours to the waterfall. Enjoy the beauty of the falls & swimming. You will have your packed lunch before trekking back to Data Bila – stop a while at A’lo Chan (Tangga River Cascades).
1400hrs, Penan Life Experience: you will explore the surrounding area and visit house to house for experience the handicraft making (Please bring some cash for handicraft shopping and tips for handicraft maker). After that, you will experience the Penan food preparation (all food will be prepared by the local) – you are welcome to join them in preparing your dinner. After dinner, free and easy, chit-chat with your host & overnight at the Data Bila Village./ (Breakfast/lunch/dinner)
Day 4 23 September 2018
After breakfast,breakfast & Check Out. 1 hour trekking to Baboi Sela’an Waterfall.Return back to Pos Data Bila. Proceed by 4WD back to Segah Sela’an Homestay.
• Will stop by at a few point for >>> Batu Siman Viewing Will stop by at a few point for Batu Siman Viewing. After lunch, River cruise along Selaan River, enjoy the beauty and the serenity of Ulu Baram by small boat (you might have to push and pull the boat at some part/area if the water level is low – this trip depend very much on the water level and weather on the day itself). Will stop by at Long Lamam, one of the Penan Village along the Selaan River, for sightseeing. Late Afternoon, return to Segah Selan Homestay, dinner and have a good rest & Good night./ (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Day 5 24 September 2018
After breakfast, check-out from Segah Selaan Homestay. Today you will experience the Keluan Waterfall (Nic Kulo Waterfall) expedition. The drive to Long Keluan take approximately 1 ½ Hours and another half an hour to the trekking point. Descending for an about ½ hours to the waterfall. Packed lunch will be prepared. After lunch, return by ascending the same track (approximately 1hour – depend very much on your fitness).
Note: The track to the waterfall is on the old logging road – therefore it will expose to the sunlight. Please bring extra drinking water.
Meet & greet with Long Keluan chief and experience the making of Parang/machete. (Please bring some cash for handicraft shopping and tips for handicraft maker). Dinner and overnight. / (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Day 6 25 September 2018
After breakfast, return to Miri City by 4WD. The journey will take approximately 5hours. Lunch at Lapok town before heading to Miri Airport for your flight back. / (Breakfast/lunch)
~END OF SERVICE~
** The Driver has a right to change the itinerary due to the weather condition or any other factors beyond our control
• 4WD transfer as per itinerary (4 unit/ 3 pax per cab)
• Return Boat transfer as per itinerary
• 4 nights’ Accommodations as stated in the itinerary
• Tour/activity as per itinerary
• Local meals as stated in the itinerary
• All guides & entrance fees as per itinerary.
• Flight fare
• Personal Insurance
• Tipping for Handicraft show at Data Bila & Long Keluan.
• Any others item not mentioned in the itinerary above.
** Things to bring: good walking shoe, rain coat, hat, insect repellent, sunblock, drinking water, toiletries, towel, swim ware, energy bar, Sleeping bag, Sleeping mat, headlight/flashlights, personal First Aid Kit, bag packed to carry your personal items.
(Images via/courtesy of Jojor Arthur, Segah Sela’an One-Stop Shop & Homestay)