No ideas where to have fun in Perak next time when you plan to travel there? Asia’s First Animation Theme Park will be opened in Perak at the end of year 2015. The first ever animation theme park comes with the construction of the Movie Animation Park Studios (MAPS) is now in Malaysia. Once completed, MAPS will be another Malaysia’s top tourist destinations.
Let’s see the summary details of Animation Theme Park (MAPS):
- a RM450 million partnership project.
- constructed by Sanderson Group and Perak Corporation Berhad.
- Sanderson Group is Australia’s first integrated thematic construction company specialising in designing and constructing theme parks and entertainment destinations.
- tourists can experience a world-class theme park adventure.
- includes over 40 rides and attractions.
- as well as a variety of themed food & beverage and retail outlets throughout a 52-acre site.
- featuring 6 different zones forming together an animation-based fantasy environment.
- include Animation Square, Fantasy Forest, Live Action, Space Zone, DreamWorks and the Lakeside Zone..
- the majority of the theme park will be indoor, air-conditioned or undercover, shielding guests away from Malaysia’s hot, wet and humid weather.
- There will be a dedicated zone in the theme park bringing to life famous DreamWorks Classic properties such as Mr Peabody & Sherman, Casper the Friendly Ghost along with others including The Croods and Megamind.
- Additional zones will be inhabited by other animation characters created specifically for the park by some of the best creative talents from Australia and Asia.
- Phase 2 of MAPS – include hotels, serviced apartments, waterpark and street mall.